Friday, April 16, 2010

FF speculation

How long do you suspect it will be before FFVIII makes its way onto the NA PSN?FF speculation
I would hope that it would be put on PSn when the PSP Go is released, but I doubt it. I'm not sure if it's been given an ESRB rating, which usually means it's coming soon.I was really impatient so I bought a copy and am playing in on the PS3.FF speculation
I think FFVIII is too complex for the PSP's hardware because the existing method of using a direct rip of your own game causes freezing when using certian abilities. Meaning they will have to modify the game slightly to get it to work on the PSP.
[QUOTE=''Granpire'']I think FFVIII is too complex for the PSP's hardware because the existing method of using a direct rip of your own game causes freezing when using certian abilities. Meaning they will have to modify the game slightly to get it to work on the PSP.[/QUOTE]It's already on the Japan PSN store...I say, if it doesn't come by the end of the year, I'm taking Japanese lessons.
[QUOTE=''Phoenix534''][QUOTE=''Granpire'']I think FFVIII is too complex for the PSP's hardware because the existing method of using a direct rip of your own game causes freezing when using certian abilities. Meaning they will have to modify the game slightly to get it to work on the PSP.[/QUOTE]It's already on the Japan PSN store...I say, if it doesn't come by the end of the year, I'm taking Japanese lessons.[/QUOTE]Amen to that. Suppose they could be a bit preoccupied with Dissidia Universal Tuning at the moment.Think I want to see some info on Agito before anything though..
I want FF IX for psp
Direct rips always cause problems. You have to work around different versions of different programs and all that madness. If the actual companies create the ports, there's never a problem. I think it's just a matter of SE deciding when they'd like to release the game. And boy, do they have a lot of games we'd like to see on the PSP. FF8, FF9, Chrono Cross....Vagrant Story........
[QUOTE=''lostcali8''][QUOTE=''Phoenix534''][QUOTE=''Granpire'']I think FFVIII is too complex for the PSP's hardware because the existing method of using a direct rip of your own game causes freezing when using certian abilities. Meaning they will have to modify the game slightly to get it to work on the PSP.[/QUOTE]It's already on the Japan PSN store...I say, if it doesn't come by the end of the year, I'm taking Japanese lessons.[/QUOTE]Amen to that. Suppose they could be a bit preoccupied with Dissidia Universal Tuning at the moment.Think I want to see some info on Agito before anything though..[/QUOTE]I can't wait for Agito. Heck, I can't wait for the entire Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII(wow that's a complicated name). I swear though, if they don't start putting more quality RPGs on the NA store, I'll just buy a PS1.
[QUOTE=''millerjs1986'']I want FF IX for psp[/QUOTE]Yes. Give us what we want Sony. Instead of crap like Cool Boarders, Mobile Light Force, and the four, FOUR, Spec Ops games, give us Final Fantasy VIII/IX, Xenogears, and Suikoden II.
[QUOTE=''Phoenix534''][QUOTE=''lostcali8''][QUOTE=''Phoenix534'']It's already on the Japan PSN store...I say, if it doesn't come by the end of the year, I'm taking Japanese lessons.[/QUOTE]Amen to that. Suppose they could be a bit preoccupied with Dissidia Universal Tuning at the moment.Think I want to see some info on Agito before anything though..[/QUOTE]I can't wait for Agito. Heck, I can't wait for the entire Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII(wow that's a complicated name). I swear though, if they don't start putting more quality RPGs on the NA store, I'll just buy a PS1.[/QUOTE]I've was feeling the same way, then broke down and started buying oh Square RPGs so I can play them on my PS3. Still trying to get a hold of Vagrant Story.
[QUOTE=''drummer131'']Direct rips always cause problems. You have to work around different versions of different programs and all that madness. If the actual companies create the ports, there's never a problem. I think it's just a matter of SE deciding when they'd like to release the game. And boy, do they have a lot of games we'd like to see on the PSP. FF8, FF9, Chrono Cross....Vagrant Story........[/QUOTE]



Why can't Sony just release an update for the emulator (aka firmware update) to fix this? I'm having a similar problem with Wild Arms.
What problems are you experiencing with Wild Arms? When I get my PSP this holiday season, that's the first game I want to download. I'm very much looking forward to it and hope it works.
I've play Wild Arms and never had a problem.
[QUOTE=''appletsauce'']What problems are you experiencing with Wild Arms? When I get my PSP this holiday season, that's the first game I want to download. I'm very much looking forward to it and hope it works.[/QUOTE]



Random freezing during battles (mostly bosses).



Back on topic, I'd love to see Final Fantasy IX, since I never played it yet.
I would imagine that VIII and IX are on their way within the next year or so. Expect Chrono Cross to come sometime soon too. I do believe they'll want to space everything out but I imagine with each major release in the Final Fantasy series to the PS3, SquareEnix will be releasing older titles on PSN.Remeber, it's not just up to Sony on when these games come out. SquareEnix has the rights to them as well.
[QUOTE=''shabulia'']I would imagine that VIII and IX are on their way within the next year or so. Expect Chrono Cross to come sometime soon too. I do believe they'll want to space everything out but I imagine with each major release in the Final Fantasy series to the PS3, SquareEnix will be releasing older titles on PSN.Remeber, it's not just up to Sony on when these games come out. SquareEnix has the rights to them as well.[/QUOTE]True. But they've rereleased Final Fantasy games so much, and yet, no second release of the two best games in the series(IMO, I guess)? Hopefully, the release of the Go will popularize PSN more and Square Enix will realize that they can make a lot of money in PSOne Classics.
How long have they been posting PS1 classic onto the PSN? I could understand the current small number if it started up just about a year ago, but if it's been going since the PSP's launch, then why the heck aren't there way more games to select from?
[QUOTE=''Phoenix534''][QUOTE=''Granpire'']

I think FFVIII is too complex for the PSP's hardware because the existing method of using a direct rip of your own game causes freezing when using certian abilities. Meaning they will have to modify the game slightly to get it to work on the PSP.

[/QUOTE]

It's already on the Japan PSN store...I say, if it doesn't come by the end of the year, I'm taking Japanese lessons.[/QUOTE]

gl ;)
Willing to bet we'll get the next 2 RE's before that comes out. Which wouldn't be terrible, but another FF sure would be great.
[QUOTE=''Phoenix534''][QUOTE=''millerjs1986'']I want FF IX for psp[/QUOTE]Yes. Give us what we want Sony. Instead of crap like Cool Boarders, Mobile Light Force, and the four, FOUR, Spec Ops games, give us Final Fantasy VIII/IX, Xenogears, and Suikoden II.[/QUOTE]Good God Man!!!! Well spoken!!! I would get a ba-zhillion dollar PSP Go if the back catalog was strong with old Square Soft games (Anyone still remeber the old name?!!? :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment