Monday, April 12, 2010

Is this normal? (battery question)

My PSP (the original fat one) loses it's charge even if it's just sitting around, whereas my DS pretty much stays charged if it's not used.I could fully charge my PSP, not use it once, then a few weeks later, I have to charge it again.Is that normal? Do the newer PSP's retain a charge better, or is there something wrong with my battery?Edit - I have my PSP fully off, it's not in standby mode or anything.Is this normal? (battery question)
I think your battery has reached the end of it's life. Time to get a new one. I have two for mine and they're just peachy.Is this normal? (battery question)
[QUOTE=''Filthybastrd'']I think your battery has reached the end of it's life. Time to get a new one. I have two for mine and they're just peachy.[/QUOTE]



I don't know. Mine does this too and I have a 3000. It dies but holds a charge fine when I am actively using it.
[QUOTE=''Filthybastrd'']I think your battery has reached the end of it's life. Time to get a new one. I have two for mine and they're just peachy.[/QUOTE]

^^
[QUOTE=''SoAmazingBaby''][QUOTE=''Filthybastrd'']I think your battery has reached the end of it's life. Time to get a new one. I have two for mine and they're just peachy.[/QUOTE]

^^[/QUOTE]



Not so unheard of. I have a second for longer trips. I don't like cords all over my car, and if it's a plane...NO PLUGS.
[QUOTE=''zomglolcats'']My PSP (the original fat one) loses it's charge even if it's just sitting around, whereas my DS pretty much stays charged if it's not used.I could fully charge my PSP, not use it once, then a few weeks later, I have to charge it again.Is that normal? Do the newer PSP's retain a charge better, or is there something wrong with my battery?Edit - I have my PSP fully off, it's not in standby mode or anything.[/QUOTE]



I have owned three PSP's (1000, 2000, 3000) and I have had this exact same problem with each one of them. The batteries are brand new and I completely power off the system as opposed to putting it in sleep mode. And still the battery drains pretty fast despite the fact that I have not used the PSP. I have never experienced this degree of rapid drainage with any other Li-ion battery gadget and I own several (cell phone, multiple iPods, GBA, DSi). It's a little frustrating to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment