Wednesday, April 14, 2010

MOH Heroes 2 on PSN?

I thought MOH Heroes 2 was downloadable on the PSN but I can't seem to find it, was I mistaken?Also, how do PS1 games available on the PSN for the PSP handle the lack of dual shoulder buttons? I am tempted to download RE:DC, Syphon Filter, Castlevania SOTN and others, but the whole less buttons to work with has me worried.???MOH Heroes 2 on PSN?
The original ''MoH'' and ''MoH Underground'' are available in the PS1 Classics, but the actual made-for-PSP ''Medal of Honor: Heroes'' and it's sequel are not available on my PSN (NA), at least until October. The games (original MoH and it's sequel ''MoH Underground'') play alright but you need to re-map the button layout to make it play like an FPS designed specifically for the platform. I have posted a control scheme which makes the game rather playable on these forums and I can reprint it here if you like. It uses the left shoulder for sighting weapon, right shoulder for firing, the face buttons for moving, the stick for looking around, etc. etc., the only problem being that you need to use the face buttons for up and down and the stick for left-right when siting your weapon. You get used to it. The other buttons re-mapped also means you need to pull the trigger instead of hitting the X button to accept a menu choice, etc.I know it sounds complicated but really it isn't... and if you're a fan of the series it's $6 well-spent. The sound work alone is amazing, still one of the best surround-sound games where you can tell if/ wherea guard is walking through the woods or a corridor just by listening.''Syphon Filter'' fares much better when it comes to good control right out of the box, and the graphics and gameplay are very solid, plus you get the back-story on Logan from the beginning which is nice. ''Resident Evil - Director's Cut'' is excellent, but be warned it is NOT ''Resident Evil 4'' so if you're looking for the gun-centric gameplay this ain't your game. REDC is all about the words ''survival'' and ''horror''. The game is GREAT, and if you are a fan of the genre and haven't completed it at least one time through then you have no idea what you're missing. My only problem with it is the price tag. It should be $6 like any other PS1 Classic game, but a small quibble when considering the greatness of the title.''Twisted Metal 2'' is another classic that I own, and it too is just as great as it ever was in control and graphics... and the button layout for that is very functional as well.I just got ''Silent Hill'' from the PS1 Classics library last night and I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'll let you know.Hope this blather helps!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment