Friday, April 16, 2010

Playing connected to your tv

I am about to receive a PSP 3000 for my byrthday and I was wondering what happened when you connect th PSP to the TV; does the PSP still display the game, or the screen turns off, using the console just as a controller? I wanted to know this so I can save the life of the battery (which lasts 5-6 hours from what I know).Playing connected to your tv
You need to buy seperate video-out cables for a hefty price, and it doesn't look good since the resolution is made for the tiny PSP screen. The video is really small, just a small box in the middle of huge black borders, no options for full-screen.Playing connected to your tv
[QUOTE=''KurodaMurasaki'']You need to buy seperate video-out cables for a hefty price, and it doesn't look good since the resolution is made for the tiny PSP screen. The video is really small, just a small box in the middle of huge black borders, no options for full-screen.[/QUOTE]I'm ahead of that, I already have the PSP 3000 component cables and my question stands: does it save battery life?
[QUOTE=''charlie_bm''][QUOTE=''KurodaMurasaki'']You need to buy seperate video-out cables for a hefty price, and it doesn't look good since the resolution is made for the tiny PSP screen. The video is really small, just a small box in the middle of huge black borders, no options for full-screen.[/QUOTE]I'm ahead of that, I already have the PSP 3000 component cables and my question stands: does it save battery life?[/QUOTE]I don't believe it does.
I've never used my PSP on a TV. But I can only assume that if it does extend your battery life, it will be negligible. Plus, like the other guy said, the resolution is going to be pretty poor. But, go ahead and try it out anyways. You can do an experiment to determine if running your PSP through a TV extends your battery. Remember though, that different games use your battery quicker than others.
I just tried my AV cables out myself, it does indeed turn off the screen and audio from the PSP and it all goes to the TV. So thats gotta be saving the battery life. AV cables look like crap on a HDTV ofcourse but component cables they should make the picture look great.
[QUOTE=''Crossel777'']I just tried my AV cables out myself, it does indeed turn off the screen and audio from the PSP and it all goes to the TV. So thats gotta be saving the battery life. AV cables look like crap on a HDTV ofcourse but component cables they should make the picture look great.[/QUOTE]Oh yeah, in that aspect it does. I was thinking of rechargin. :PI've used the component cables, it still doesn't look that great on an HDTV. The actual game screen is really windowboxed but the XMB is full-screen. If it was made any larger it would likely look awful, since it was made for a 4.3 inch screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment