Friday, April 16, 2010

New PSP, Netgear WNR2000 router, WiFi Qu ...

I've Had this router for some time with no problems, I works great with my computer, PS3 and Wii. I purchased my daughter a PSP and am trying to set up a WiFi connection.My router has 3 broadcast options.1) 54 Mbps for b/g networks2) 145 Mbps for 11b/11g/11n networks . Doesnt the PSP have 11b WiFi (my laptop has an N card, PS3 and Wii both use G I think)3) 300 Mbps for n networksI had my router set at 145 Mbps and scanned for networks with the PSP. All I got was error no connection point found but everything else in the house works fine. After messing with it for over an hour I changed my router to 54 Mbps and the PSP found the network. Logged on, did a system update.Heres the problem, what do I need to do to make the PSP work at 145 Mbps. I don't want to run my router at 54 Mbps, it slows down my laptop and probably isn't as good for my PS3.New PSP, Netgear WNR2000 router, WiFi Qu ...
Anyone?New PSP, Netgear WNR2000 router, WiFi Qu ...
Uhhh what firmware do you have?
The router has up to date firmware and when the PSP connected at 54 Mbps I updated it the the latest firmware.
I thought 8.211b networks only supported up to 54mbps, so you might need a new router for it..

No comments:

Post a Comment