Friday, April 16, 2010

Variation differences

Okay, I've waited long enough to get a psp and play dissidia. They have the GS bundle, which is a great deal for including the memory stick, 3000 system, dissidia game, and advent children movie. The only problem with that is that I'm really OCD when it comes to cases and manuals. From every buyer of the dissidia bundle, I hear that the manual for dissidia is there, but has no case for either the game or movie. That is a dealbreaker for me.

Now the main question I want to ask is that I plan on buying a used psp, 1 gb memory stick, and a new copy of dissidia, and plan on spending the same if not less than the regular bundle. But I see that they have the regular, slim, and psp 3000 out, and each getting more expensive with each variation. Is there any big differences between the three, or am I good with just the original?Variation differences
I see how not having the case is a disappointing, but I'd rather have a new console than a game without it's case %26 manual.The first one is the clunky one, it's rather heavy and has these odd ''love-handles.'' I believe this is the only version with the analog-stick cover removable.The 2000 (Or Slim %26 Lite) is really slimmed down, and has very slight cosmetic changes. It has composite video-output, double the RAM (32 to 64), and caches UMD data to decrease load times.The 3000 has some cosmetic changes, has a microphone, and a much more high-quality screen. The screen has a higher contrast ratio, wider color gamut, and it just looks more rich. Keep in mind though that while it did eliminate the ''ghosting'' problem that the other models had, in some 2D games ''scanlines'' appear. I personally say it's a worthwhile sacrafice. I personally think this is currently the best PSP.There is also a new model coming out in October that I think you may want to look into, the PSP Go. A completely asthetically redesigned PSP that slides and eliminates the UMD slot. 16GB of onboard memory, and is completely digital in buying games.Variation differences
Thanks, KurodaMurasakiK. I will probably take a hit, and go with the new bundle. I forgot all about cnet, and went there to get there take. Looks like the 3000 is the ticket. But I do not want a PSP Go. That idea is good, but for current psp owners, we are getting ripped off if we upgrade. Okay we have a new system minus the umd slot. How are current PSP owners going to play their existing umd games? repurchasing them? No thank you, Sony.
[QUOTE=''gunslinger_boy'']Thanks, KurodaMurasakiK. I will probably take a hit, and go with the new bundle. I forgot all about cnet, and went there to get there take. Looks like the 3000 is the ticket. But I do not want a PSP Go. That idea is good, but for current psp owners, we are getting ripped off if we upgrade. Okay we have a new system minus the umd slot. How are current PSP owners going to play their existing umd games? repurchasing them? No thank you, Sony.[/QUOTE]Sony's make a way to transfer UMD to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment