Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days is out! Woot

So reviews are starting to show up (I guess this is not a Big game as far as Gamespot cares because the game came out yesterday and no review... Let just hope it does not take them a Month like Valkyria Chronicles) and they are at 9.1 as of 5 minutes ago when I looked... Does anyone have this game or is planning on buying it soon? I can't get it yet, but Hopefully Disgaea 3 will keep holding me over until I can get my PSP so I can play this...Edit: sorry had to post a Small Box Art because the first one was messed upDisgaea 2: Dark Hero Days is out! Woot
ill get it eventually but first i have to beat afternoon of darkness :)Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days is out! Woot
Picking up my pre-order tomarrow. Can't wait to play this game all over again and this time intead of spears I'm having Adell use fists.
Disgaea is one of my favorite PSP games. I really can't wait to get D2. :D
[QUOTE=''damann22'']ill get it eventually but first i have to beat afternoon of darkness :)[/QUOTE]Me too. I got bogged down in the item worlds and never finished the story.
I will get this game eventually, still got a bunch of games I wanna finish first.
does the game have infastructure.
I just picked up Dissidia, so It'll be a little while before I get this, but it's a definate purchase. I love games that give you value for money, and Disgaea delivers well in that department.
Maybe later....waaaay later. I'm still working on the first one!
I got an early copy last week, but in my opinion, it's the weakest in the series. Still a great game.Right now i'm playing through Afternoon of Darkness, i'm curious as to what the Etna mode is like, but i'll come to that after i finish the story again.Brilliant conversion from the PS2 games. Think we will get a Disgaea 3 port? I'd love to play it on the move.
I was going to wait until I finished Afternoon of Darkness to buy Dark Hero Days, but I don't think I ever will, too much to do. Love it though.
Ah great, out of the 3 disgea games 2 is definetly my fafourite!Shame they did something so it wont run on PSP slims untill ya update the firmware to 6.0
What's the difficulty like? I've been trying to get into SRPGs more after playing and loving Valkyria Chronicles. I tried FF Tactics and was put off by the high difficulty level.
I've only played Disgaea 3 on PS3, I'll probably pick the Disgaea 1 and 2 for the PSP when I get the chance.
[QUOTE=''Silent-Hal'']What's the difficulty like? I've been trying to get into SRPGs more after playing and loving Valkyria Chronicles. I tried FF Tactics and was put off by the high difficulty level. [/QUOTE]

Assuming you skip the itemworld till you have finished the main story the dificulty curve is just right, you have to think ahead a bit but there is never the possibility to really get stuck as you always have teh ability to overlevel a bit if your really in trouble. If you want to fully enjoy the story avoid teh itemworld as much as possible as its VERY easy to come out completely overpowered ruining any challenge.



FF tactics starts out super hard but quickly devolves into a zergfest as you unlock better abilitys the balancing is really poor in that respect and easily scares of new players
[QUOTE=''benleslie5'']I've only played Disgaea 3 on PS3, I'll probably pick the Disgaea 1 and 2 for the PSP when I get the chance.[/QUOTE]TYour probably better off skipping disgaea1 even on the PS2 it was just leaps and bounds inferior to D2, classes are much more balanced, items are better balanced and you have a ton more influence in the dark court. the battle system in Disgaea1 is painfully dull lacking the stack attack and throw features



It may have been SRPG of the year but compared to its sequals its painfully inferior
[QUOTE=''hot114''][QUOTE=''Silent-Hal'']What's the difficulty like? I've been trying to get into SRPGs more after playing and loving Valkyria Chronicles. I tried FF Tactics and was put off by the high difficulty level. [/QUOTE]

Assuming you skip the itemworld till you have finished the main story the dificulty curve is just right, you have to think ahead a bit but there is never the possibility to really get stuck as you always have teh ability to overlevel a bit if your really in trouble. If you want to fully enjoy the story avoid teh itemworld as much as possible as its VERY easy to come out completely overpowered ruining any challenge.



FF tactics starts out super hard but quickly devolves into a zergfest as you unlock better abilitys the balancing is really poor in that respect and easily scares of new players[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll try this if I ever gets released in Europe. It doesn't seem to have a release date set for over here yet.
[QUOTE=''W1ckedGo0se'']So reviews are starting to show up (I guess this is not a Big game as far as Gamespot cares because the game came out yesterday and no review... Let just hope it does not take them a Month like Valkyria Chronicles) and they are at 9.1 as of 5 minutes ago when I looked... Does anyone have this game or is planning on buying it soon? I can't get it yet, but Hopefully Disgaea 3 will keep holding me over until I can get my PSP so I can play this...Edit: sorry had to post a Small Box Art because the first one was messed up[/QUOTE][
So far it is the 4th highest rated game for the PSP that is pretty impressive even if it is only based on 5 reviews.
I'm too lazy to go get it right now lol but I'll be getting it soon. :)
I already have the game on the PS2. The story was somewhat interesting but the added stuff doesn't sound good enough for me to buy it. Magichange? I hardly ever use that mechanic in Disgaea 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment