Friday, April 16, 2010

What's wrong with my PSP?

I'm in-game with my PSP, and then, very disruptively, the Home menu pops out. Well, it's not technically considered the Home menu, but it's the menu that appears when you press Home and it asks if you wanna exit. Yeah, so it pops out in-game without me pressing any button, so I get rid of it by pressing 'X'. Then, it pops out again! It just doesn't wanna leave, it keeps coming back. If you're lucky, you may get more than fifteen minutes of gameplay, but at other times, it just keeps coming out.



Was on Dynasty Warriors when this occured. Does anyone know exactly what happened? Help is much appreciated~



Is it the UMD's problem or the PSP's problem?



Thanks, J.What's wrong with my PSP?
[QUOTE=''th-j'']I'm in-game with my PSP, and then, very disruptively, the Home menu pops out. Well, it's not technically considered the Home menu, but it's the menu that appears when you press Home and it asks if you wanna exit. Yeah, so it pops out in-game without me pressing any button, so I get rid of it by pressing 'X'. Then, it pops out again! It just doesn't wanna leave, it keeps coming back. If you're lucky, you may get more than fifteen minutes of gameplay, but at other times, it just keeps coming out. Was on Dynasty Warriors when this occured. Does anyone know exactly what happened? Help is much appreciated~ Is it the UMD's problem or the PSP's problem? Thanks, J.[/QUOTE]If it's just one game where that occurs, then it's a game issue. If it happens with multiple games, it might be a problem with the home button. I'm not sure if it's the home button that you'll be able to fix it easily. You may have to send it to Sony.What's wrong with my PSP?
I have the same problem as you are. Sometimes if you turn on your PSP, menu doesn't pop up right ?. Its the problem with your PSP system. I send my PSP to the shop and cost for repair is RM30 = 10USD
Aw, fix it? Alright then, maybe that's what I ought to do. Meanwhile, if it's just a glitch that occurs on this special day, then it's okay.



Thanks (:
Just wanna add something...



I ASSURE you that the problem itself is not related to the HARDWARE of the PSP But certainly it's on the UMD or your Memory card



try refunding or exchanging your UMD or Memory Stick into a new one



^^
Hey, i'd say ask the experts. give sony a call and ask whats wrong. Perhaps this information can help. If you can't easily fix it, they'll probably tell you to send it in. And if it ins't very old, they might do it for free (You'll probably have to show a recipet.)



Sony Computer Entertainment America

M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST

Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m

800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY) Hope this helps!



Calebcop
I had the same problem once. But then it just dissapiered.
This sounds like the home bar ribbon came loose, you may need to replace it. It's an extremely easy and non invasive fix. All you need is a small set of screwdrivers and to take the faceplate off.



You can buy the ribbon on dealextreme.com, it's where I got mine.
  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment