Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More ''Legacy'' UMD games!?

For those of you more in touch with the PSP news, does anyone have an idea on when Sony will start adding more games for download? There are several games I want to play, but they are all on UMD. Usually, I'm in favor of having the physical media, but a portable device becomes decidedly less portable when you have to start shoving UMD's in your pockets every time you leave the house with it. I want to play Prinny, God of War, and Dirt 2 among others, but the titles actually available for download are in very short supply and the ''PSN'' games, many of which are actually just as much ''legacy UMD'', are few in numbers as well. I know the release of the PSPGo will probably change things, but when? I love this little handheld device, but it is like the red-headed step-child of Sony Computer Entertainment.More ''Legacy'' UMD games!?
[QUOTE=''zaphod_b'']For those of you more in touch with the PSP news, does anyone have an idea on when Sony will start adding more games for download? There are several games I want to play, but they are all on UMD. Usually, I'm in favor of having the physical media, but a portable device becomes decidedly less portable when you have to start shoving UMD's in your pockets every time you leave the house with it. I want to play Prinny, God of War, and Dirt 2 among others, but the titles actually available for download are in very short supply and the ''PSN'' games, many of which are actually just as much ''legacy UMD'', are few in numbers as well. I know the release of the PSPGo will probably change things, but when? I love this little handheld device, but it is like the red-headed step-child of Sony Computer Entertainment.[/QUOTE]I'm almost certain that there will a bevy of games, both legacy UMD and PS1 classics that will be released onto PSN close to the release to the Go. I haven't heard of a rumor of the exact date, but keep your eyes peeled to the next few PSN updates.More ''Legacy'' UMD games!?
I certainly hope so. I think I am Sony's target market for the Go; I want my portable games to be digital only to keep them portable. If I hadn't got a 3000 last year I'd probably get one. However, I'm hoping Sony doesn't wiff again on the follow-through and actually puts up a decent amount of games on PSN and does it quickly, and not just minis.
I think they said there will be a major uphall of the PSN with more games on October 7th. So I guess we will have to wait till then.
I hope they bring more games over. I really do.i am happy to see Nippon is gonna bring all their past PSP games on the PSN starting October 1st through October 7th.I do not care - at all - for Disgea. but i have been wanting to own and play ''Prinny Can i Really Be The Hero?''what will make my day is if all the Metal Gear games and digital comics, Ace Combat X, God of War, Resistance to come onto the PSN. at least for me and what i wanna play, would so make my handheld pick feel complete.
Answers to this question and more coming the first week of October... sadly... hang in there, baby.
I have a 2000 and am still undecided on getting the ''go.'' I thought it would be the day of the go's release, the psn will have almost every umd game online. I could be wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment